Monday, September 24, 2007

A 23 Thing Summary

What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?

My favorite exercise was the creation of a blog and the exploration of blogs written by others about something of interest to me. I enjoyed the community and the creativity blogging allows. I would continue to use this as a tool for self-expression and networking. I don't know how much of a podcast listener or YouTube viewer I will be, but I very much enjoyed exploring these two forms of media.

How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?

I liked that the program was self-pacing but that we students had the support of coworkers and other 23 Thing learners. The feedback and encouragement through email, Passport and on my blog kept me motivated when I was distracted by other assignments or less enchanted with one of the 23 Things. The program content and presentation was very well constructed and monitored. It required the skills and passion of many talented techno-explorers and, in my opinion, made this learning program rich and varied in the best possible way.


What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?

I was impressed with the format, concept and feedback tied to the 23 Things.
The video and audio tutorials were well produced and interesting. Tips were abundant and the mp3 player was a nice carrot. Having a starting and ending date encouraged me to keep my eye on the calendar and the prize. The only recommendation I would offer is to keep the assignments updated. Some of the sites were no longer accessible to those of us who started the assignments late in the summer. All things considered-- this was a worthwhile learning opportunity. To answer the next question, yes, I would gladly do it again.

If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you again chose to participate?
See above.

How would you describe your learning experience in a few words or a few sentences, so we can share our successes and promote this program?

23 Things, a user-friendly program, gave this late bloomer, the encouragement needed to play (and learn)about technology. I made it to the twenty-first century.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi

Thanks for mentioning my podcast - Jane Austen Podnovel.

Keep reading Jane Austen