Monday, September 24, 2007

Podcasts for Dummies

First I want to note that Yahoo Podcasts is closing down their site on September 30. So, I'll just bypass that site and head over to the others listed in Exercise #21.

I decided to explore Podcasts.net and hoped to locate a RSS feed about Voluntary Simplicty. There was one but the podcasts dated back to 2005. Next, I search under the keyword "ZEN" and found a feed that I would like to listen to at my leisure. There are over 100 entries. Seems like plenty to sink my zen-want-a-be brain into in the future. Check out Zen Mountain Monastery.

Now getting down to library business. I found a Jane Austen feed: the Jane Austen Podnovel. For those who love Austen, her words, and anything that can possibly come out of works, try Jane Austen Podnovel.


The above two podcasts are those I found interesting. There is so much out there to explore and that's perhaps the most fascinating piece about this exercise. For those fans who want a little more about a favorite topic then chances are there's a podcast for the taking. Podcastalley and Podcasts.net were helpful tools if you want to see some of the top pod picks or you like browsing by keyword or topic.

Chances are if you know what topic you want in podcast format you can get there with a simple google search.

No comments: