Friday, September 21, 2007

You Tube

I've seen a few videos from You Tube that have made it to television for various reasons. Now, because of Assignment or Thing #20 I'm really going to explore it for the first time. (I know, what a late bloomer.) So, I select one of my favorite topics, knitting (what else). Check out the interesting 3-D animated video The Last Knit. I couldn't get the link embedded into my blog. So just type the title of the video in the search box. This is a masterful piece and animation with pulsing music that show what can happen when knitting becomes an obsession. I can't even go there in my mind. But do notice the beautiful miles and miles of scarf the knitter creates with what must be a self-striping yarn. Lovely shades of reds and pinks.

I like that you can quickly search by categories including top rated, most discussed, and most linked. I appreciate that I can check out news and Politics with a click of a mouse.

Of interest to librarians and library users might be a search for authors. I came upon video of Neil Gaimam and Christopher Hitchens. Try a search for children's authors as well.

No comments: