Monday, September 24, 2007

Out and About with Overdrive

I've used NetLibrary a few times and it seemed to me to be rather intuitive. Overdrive seems to be fussier-- or I'm having a bad day. I like that you can download video, audio and ebooks. Sounds good. But I've tried searching for a few of my favorite nonfiction topics: Knitting, Zen and Voluntary Simplicity. No hits for either knitting or V.S. Only seven for Zen. I tried an advanced search too.

Can you search by reader? Seems that you can. I don't see that there is a link to reads of similar interest. It some ways it was easier to click on the category and skim through the entire list. In the case of music videos, as of today, there are 68 hits. TV shows-- 30 something.

Will explore more but first impression-- tedious and overrated.

No comments: